Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions about the Castel Clara hotel, marine resort in Belle-Île-en-Mer, France.
Castel Clara is located in Port Goulphar on the Breton island of Belle-Île-en-Mer
Yes, the Castel Clara is adapted to people with reduced mobility
The price of a stay varies according to the period and the category of the room. You can consult our reservation calendar to know the rate.
Check-in is possible from 4pm and check-out before 12pm.
Arrival time is available from 2pm and departure time before 12pm.
Yes, Castel Clara offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and suites.
Pets are welcome at Castel Clara
The Castel Clara is a 4-star marine resort with a chic and relaxed style.
Castel Clara is located on the sea front, offering a breathtaking view of Goulphar Bay.
Quiberon train station is the closest to Belle-île-en-Mer. The island is then accessible by boat, 50 minutes crossing.
Castel Clara has free parking for its guests.
The airports of Nantes and Lorient are the closest to Castel Clara
Once you arrive at Nantes or Lorient airport, take a taxi to Quiberon (ask Mr ROLLAND 06 02 60 80 42 for preferential rates).
The Castel Clara will take care of the transfer by shuttle from the pier to the hotel.
Lorient airport is 60 km away, Nantes airport is 150 km away.
The Quiberon train station is located 15 km from Belle-Île, the Quiberon-Belle-Île ferry crossing takes 45 minutes.
Auray station is 27 km from Quiberon station.
On the national road 165, exit at Auray then take the direction of Quiberon.
Reach Belle-Île by boat only (ferry crossing).
On the spot, rent a car or bikes.
Belle-Île en mer offers many activities including :
- Hiking along the Atlantic coastline (GR® 340)
- Cycling or electric bikes (available for hire directly from the hotel)
- Horse riding
- Flight over Belle-Ile by plane
- Water activities (sailing, surfing, diving, kayaking, sea fishing, sea trips,...)
More information from our Conciergerie
Within the Castel Clara you will find 2 restaurants and a café:
- Le 180° (Breton cuisine) awarded with a Michelin plate
- Le Café Clara (seafood and market menu)
- The Cotton Bar (cocktails, spirits and live music)
In the vicinity of the hotel you will also find La Table de Désirade and the Crêperie Chez Renée.
The Castel Clara offers you 1 bar :
- The Cotton Bar by the sea (cocktails, spirits and live music).
In the vicinity of the hotel you will also find the bar Le Kervi and Le Cabestan.
The Castel Clara offers 66 rooms and suites
The Castel Clara offers 7 categories of rooms and suites:
- Classic room with sea or land view
- Superior room with sea or land view
- Family room with sea or land view
- Sea view suite
- Junior suite land view
- Duplex suite sea view
- Prestige suite sea view
Yes, most of the rooms at Castel Clara have a terrace or balcony and offer a view of Goulphar Bay, the gardens or the hotel's courtyards.
The rooms and suites of the Castel Clara offers :
- free Wi-Fi
- flat screen TV
- tea and coffee making facilities
- terrace or balcony (depending on the category)
- room service
- lounge area (depending on category)
- dressing room (depending on category)
The Castel Clara includes a restaurant Le 180° serving refined Breton cuisine (awarded a Michelin Plate and the Michelin Covers) as well as the Café Clara overlooking the bay with a fish and seafood buffet
Café Clara :
In high season every day from 12pm to 2pm and from 7:30pm to 9pm, in low season every day from 12pm to 2pm.
Le 180° :
In high season every day from 7.30pm to 9.30pm (on reservation), in low season from Tuesday to Saturday from 7.30pm to 9pm (on reservation).
Yes, the 180° and Café Clara both offer a magnificent terrace overlooking Port Goulphar of Belle-île
Yes, the Castel Clara offers a buffet breakfast renowned for the quality and diversity of its products.
You can enjoy it in the breakfast room or in the quiet of your room.
Every day from 7:30am to 10:30am.
Buffet of quality and local products, everything is home made
Jams and honey from Belle-Ile
Pancakes and delicious pancakes
Delicatessen and cheese
Yes, Castel Clara offers you the Cotton Bar on the oceanfront, open every day from 10am to 11pm
Yes the Castel Clara has a full service spa, outdoor pool and whirlpools.
The Castel Clara Thalasso & Spa offers you :
- 3 affusion modelling cabins and a duo modelling cabin with ocean view
- 1 overflowing seawater pool with counter-current swimming system, underwater jets, swan neck massage
- 1 whirlpool bath
- 1 experience shower with variations of lights, perfumes and temperatures.
- 6 hydro-massage baths
- 2 tonic jet shower cabins
- 5 cabins specially dedicated to seaweed wraps
- 1 cabin dedicated to light treatments
- Sauna & Hammam
- Relaxation room with herbal tea room facing the ocean
Castel Clara offers 2 swimming pools freely accessible to all guests:
- a large outdoor heated seawater pool with a panoramic view of the ocean, open from april to september
- an indoor heated freshwater pool
Yes the Castel Clara offers a gym:
- Fitness center
- Elliptical machine
- Weight training equipment
Many sports activities are possible in the hotel and in the surroundings
- Swimming (large heated sea water pool and ocean)
- Fitness (gym: weight training, elliptical, running, ...)
- Horseback riding
- Hiking or biking
- Water sports (sailing, surfing, diving, kayaking, sea fishing,...)
Yes, the Castel Clara will lend its setting and facilities to the organisation of your events, business meetings or seminars
The Castel Clara offers 1 room:
- The Goulphar Room, ocean view, between 60 and 170 people
You can contact the hotel by email email@example.com or by phone +33 2 97 31 84 21
Castel Clara - Port Goulphar - 56360 Bangor - France
firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 2 97 31 84 21